What you need for your individual tax return

The following information is of a general nature only. It is included for your assistance, but it is not specific tax advice.

We suggest you print this page and highlight the parts relating to you.

You will need:

Family Tax Benefit is no longer claimed through the tax system

Education tax refund for school children is no longer claimed through the tax system

Dependant Spouse Offset—this only applies if your adjusted taxable income is $150,000 or less, your spouse is born on or before 1 July 1971 and NOT eligible for Part B of the Family Tax Benefit, or you have no dependent children. To claim this offset, we will need your spouse’s adjusted taxable income. To work this out we require the following information regarding your spouse: